STATEMANT OF PURPOSE

WELCOME - this site is dedicated to organizing the effort to TAKE MUSKEGON BACK in 2010.

To do that we have to start now. Here is my plan. Don't like it ? let's change it.
BUT LET'S GET TO IT.

Impossible??? Only if we don't try.

PRECINCT DELEGATES RULE

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pipe Dreams and other things

Updates, we had our County GOP Meeting. The only really new business was that the County Party nailed down the location for the Aug 8th Grand Old Picnic which will be held at Pamona Park.

It was discussed by the Precinct Delegate chair that we were planning on a coffee and donut get together, June 13th and not just PDs were invited but volunteers too. We may not put PD in the name for the donut and coffee thing. It was also discussed that nothing much would be done this summer as it was summer and what not, and that we need not do anything until closer to the election, to his benefit Farhat our Chair thought perhaps we should do something. Again it was brought up about our not overwhelming the Precinct Delegates. We at least are succeeding at that.

Also the idea of me doing interviews of the township officials was canned. Not the idea of the interviews just the me part. It wasn’t my idea to start with and I guess my proposal on how I’d like to do it wasn’t accepted. I got an email, nothing was said at the meeting. I was asked I offered, we are both off the hook.

I’ll just keep blogging as I want and volunteer for stuff. I seem to do better one on one outside the party anyway. I’d like to get with a candidate however, and I have one in mind. As it happens, and as I’m permitted, I’ll share how that works.
My quirky talents may work better for a candidate than a party anyway.

Getting back to the meeting we did have a college Republican attend and he was frank about his desire to run for State if not National office in 10 years. It was good to see some fire in the belly of someone under 50 for a change. I suggested that he work for another candidate and start to learn the game. I also told him to try to start building up his base by doing things, by getting involved with his age group as well as they will be his voters in ten years. Start a young Republican group, I wish him well and told him to feel free to call etc. I’d be happy to help as he wants it. I’m sure he’ll get all the help he doesn’t want.

The Muskegon Patriots May 23rd event honoring our Veterans Is moving right along. I blogged on Bottom up Politics about the details of the event.

-----link-----
http://bottomuppolitics.blogspot.com/2009/05/may-23rd-at-causeway.html
--------------

Blue Sky Lions news.
In an emergency meeting called to accept change or deny a lease agreement with the City of Muskegon for the Old Fire Barn and Blue Sky Lions; nothing was decided. After both sides threw down their gauntlets and threatened to pull out it became obvious nothing was going to be decided.

This Club was formed with over 50 members and over the course of a few months, we find ourselves down to 4-8 people, bickering and arguing. Each meeting is chaired by a different person, so the next meeting we argue about the previous meeting and what THEY did. The good will and public support for this has dried up as seems obvious by the lack of attendance. Well I decided I’d had enough and left. I found out late nothing was decided.

I got into this hoping to help the youth of Muskegon one on one. This is not proving to be the case I’m afraid. The International Lions are the ones footing the bill for the renovations etc for the Old Fire Barn. The Blue Sky Lions would be responsible for raising approx. $25-30,000 @ yr. min. for the overhead of Ins and utilities and programs. The only volunteer (unpaid) that I heard came from the International Lions. They have the contractors lined up who will do the work for free. I could help out there. The Blue Sky Lions only seem interested in applying for grants so they can buy volunteers to man the programs.

Sorry, so far I don’t like what I’m hearing. This group lost the only fundraiser it had because we couldn’t find enough volunteers to man a candy bar booth at “Old Fashioned Days”!! This was a proven money maker and was given to us by the Fruitport Lions and we had to give it back. I’m sure though given enough time we could write a grant somehow to fund that fundraising effort for next year. In the mean time I and another are going to help the Lions of Fruitport for generosity and how we left them holding the bag for their troubles.

I just feel my little efforts in our Love Community Garden was more fruitful (forgive the pun) than all the time and fruitless (there I go again) meetings I’ve gone to in connection to Blue Sky Lions. I could’ve spent a nice Sat. morning instead helping at the First Congregational Church serving breakfast, actually helping others instead of helping further someone else’s agenda. There are way too many helpful things to do out there than waste my time, wandering around in a bureaucratic maze.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

No comments: