STATEMANT OF PURPOSE

WELCOME - this site is dedicated to organizing the effort to TAKE MUSKEGON BACK in 2010.

To do that we have to start now. Here is my plan. Don't like it ? let's change it.
BUT LET'S GET TO IT.

Impossible??? Only if we don't try.

PRECINCT DELEGATES RULE

Friday, May 15, 2009

Muskegon didn't Adopt a Precinct

1. “Adopt a Precinct”.



Just called the Mike Nofs' Campaign for an update and talked with Steve Sachs. The campaign is in the middle of their Jobs First Bus Tour of the 19th State Senate District comprised of Jackson and Calhoun Counties. Steve said Mike was excited by the large turnouts he has been seeing. I was excited by the way Mike is conducting this campaign. This Jobs First Bus Tour is a “Bottom Up Politics” type of thing.

I then asked Steve about the “Adopt a Precinct” program and whether they were making headway. I was hoping for something positive. I got more good news than I wanted. Muskegon County no longer has to worry about me pushing the “Adopt a Precinct” program. It’s too late for us. Steve said of the 167 precincts in the 19th Senate District they only have 12 left to fill and they will be filled by the end of the week. Sounds like a lot of counties around the state realized the importance of this race and put their efforts where their mouths were.

From the response I received from Muskegon County, I see that I need to work on my Salesmanship skills. Anyway that is awesome news for the Nofs Campaign. Steve said I was welcome to join up on my own and others also. I’m debating, what about any of you? A little door to door in a foreign county seem like fun? No passport needed.

He also said that the county chairs will be mailed a letter asking for financial help. I told him good luck with that. Lol.

Kudos however to the State Party, Terri Reid and Holly for their roles in making this happen.

As I’ve blogged in the past this election is more important than just getting a better majority in the Senate; it is about showing voters that the Republicans are not dead. It could be about drop kicking some enthusiasm into other close races across the state the following year (2010). For all you sports fans, it is about momentum. This Special Election could be great for the Party. Mike Nofs is a serious fiscal Conservative. This will be a crucial race for us to win.

I feel Mike Nofs seems to have found a way to tap into the angst out there as evidenced by the Tea Party popularity. But make no mistake the Dems will throw everything including the kitchen sink into this race to stop that from happening. Dirty politics won’t take long to emerge. If Mike wins against that onslaught; other Candidates should take note for the elections in 2010.
--------------------------------------------

No comments: