STATEMANT OF PURPOSE

WELCOME - this site is dedicated to organizing the effort to TAKE MUSKEGON BACK in 2010.

To do that we have to start now. Here is my plan. Don't like it ? let's change it.
BUT LET'S GET TO IT.

Impossible??? Only if we don't try.

PRECINCT DELEGATES RULE

Monday, May 18, 2009

Muskegon Patriots Veteran Day Event + some updates.

Muskegon Patriots had another organizational meeting for the May 23rd event they are putting on at Veteran's Memorial Park on the Causeway between Musk. and North Musk. Here is a link to the event on their new and always getting better website.

-----link-----
http://www.muskegonpatriots.com/may_event_page.html
--------------

I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout. I counted 12 people. We are optomistic about the turnout. Josh has talked with the police to make sure things will go smoothly. There will be three speakers, and a sound system, as before. The speeches will not be long this time. This is about Veterans.

I just noticed that there is no home button on the above link. Below is a link to the home page.

-----link-----
http://www.muskegonpatriots.com
--------------

If you notice there are now shirts and hats and buttons for sale. These will be for sale at the event the 23rd of May. These will be for sale through the 4th of July event in Lansing. See Website for info. Josh is working on a pay pal way of ordering them off the web site. We are working on how much postage is etc.Please keep coming back to the site as it is changing almost every day at this point. I just bought the shirts and they will be for sale at the May 23rd Veteran's Tribute.

Remember this is a volunteer outfit. No dues, the money to do what we've done has come from the pocket of mainly Josh. These shirts etc, and our donation jar are to help keep this alive. We are more than happy to break even. We decided at this last meeting that we needed to get some money to break even in order to keep this going.

Josh is very adamant and we agree about transparency. Receipts are on the web site, at least a quickly as they can be collected scanned and entered.

---------------------

In other local news, on my way to the post office to check postage costs, on my way from Shirts N Stuff where we ordered our shirts etc. I drove down Getty and past Pastor Duncan's church next door to the projects. I previously attended a tent revival and blogged a couple times about his selfless ministry on my Bottom Up Politics blog.

-----link-----
http://bottomuppolitics.blogspot.com/search?q=Duncan
--------------

Well as I was driving past I noticed his big nearly semi sized trailer open and I did a u turn and stopped. I hadn't seen him in a long time. The windows of his church/activity center were broke and he had found some large windows in remainder at some warehouse in Battle Creek if I remember rightly. He was delivering them to his church. Also there were some people out helping clean up the property and he was mowing it.

We talked and once I made sure that he wasn't getting grant money, I volunteered to offer my services to help design and install the windows setup. He seemed genuinely happy to accept my help. I gave him my blog/Precinct Delegate card and we had a good talk about the evils of bureaucracy and the hooks governtment money has and the trouble it can cause. We even talked about Dave Ramsey and the financial ministry Ramsey has on the radio.

I hope to get involved with this. Anyone else out there in the trades that want to lend a hand feel free to contact me.

Bob Carr
glhotdogs@verizon.net
231-728-3455

No comments: