STATEMANT OF PURPOSE

WELCOME - this site is dedicated to organizing the effort to TAKE MUSKEGON BACK in 2010.

To do that we have to start now. Here is my plan. Don't like it ? let's change it.
BUT LET'S GET TO IT.

Impossible??? Only if we don't try.

PRECINCT DELEGATES RULE

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pools, of Contributors and Resources. Mysterious(ly)Shrinking ???

Sorry good idea but we don’t want to dilute our resources. Sorry but we don’t know if it’ll work.

Well it’s true: if I had a dollar for every time I’ve been told that, during this past year; I’d have a Benjamin to spend for gas to go to the Lansing Tea Party the 15th at noon. Which by the way I'm told is badly organized, won't accomplish anything and may hurt our Party.

I’m not talking just about the negative comments I hear about the Tea Party thing. I’m talking about the negative attitude most Republicans have toward any type of change. An unwillingness to try something different because they don’t know if it’ll work.

The last election and now for this upcoming one, all I hear is that there seems this mysterious pool of money (mysteriously no more, no less) that is available for Campaigns In the area. We can’t do anything to jepardize it. “What about this special election coming up; can’t we make a little effort to raise a little money for Mike Nofs in Jackson? It’s a year away from our election here.” No we can’t mess with our pool of campaign contributors. "Ever hear of new ones, gee they might also after 15 months from now contribute to our County Party again if we asked. Especially if their effort worked in Jackson." Well see they say what if it doesn't we may have lost that person for good. "Gee like you had him in the first place!!" So it goes ad nauseum.

I heard it last election, you know the one where we did so well. That whole argument is demeaning to our party and is cannibalistic because it feeds upon the motivation that drives the “Pool of Contributors” to contribute. That negative attitude is reflected in lots of other ways.

The whole idea of reaching out to new people, to new areas thought to be Democratic strongholds. Out side of lipservice I see little done. "Don't dilute our resources I'm told. Our volunteer base." Like we had any?

Another attitude killer of this sort I evidenced when I’ve made efforts to talk the party into celebrating the PDs we have and doing what we can to keep them busy and getting more. I’m told that they have never in the past done anything so why waste our precious resources of time and money to do what they obviously don’t want to do.

I feel like retorting; "how do you know you never tried." Well I’ve in fact said that and I was told that they did try, they emailed the whole list. What I would suggest is some effort that is a little more personal and labor intensive. But then there would go the Pool of Contributions.

To bad the Dems didn’t think the way we do. For all my bitching about Republicans becoming Democrat like, there are some things that we would do well to emulate from the other side.

There are some bright spots and I try to highlight them in and out of the Party.
I will keep doing that.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

No comments: