STATEMANT OF PURPOSE

WELCOME - this site is dedicated to organizing the effort to TAKE MUSKEGON BACK in 2010.

To do that we have to start now. Here is my plan. Don't like it ? let's change it.
BUT LET'S GET TO IT.

Impossible??? Only if we don't try.

PRECINCT DELEGATES RULE

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

County Republican Party Meeting - Updates.

County Party Updates.

The Muskegon County Republicans had their Monthly meeting. BTW all are always welcome. The meeting is the 3rd Monday of every month at 5:30. The event had I’d guess 20 or more people. Several things were talked about.

click on any Pic. to enlarge.



It was good to see Kay Punter at the meeting, her husband Ken couldn't make it as he had a school board meeting in Ravenna. It is rumored that he is looking to ba a candidate. Kay was mum on the subject. I think Ken would do well in what ever he tries, if his family and business are any indication.




We started with intros for new people among which was a friend Larry Hibner a PD nominated at the last PD convention. We also talked about the Tea Party protests, a lady from the Montague event was there also.

Goeff Hansen the state rep. out of Freemont was there and gave us an insight into what was happening in the State House. Goeff will also be running for the 34th State Senate Seat being vacated by Jerry Van Woerkhom due to term limits in 2010. This election as they all will be, is a must win for Republicans.



Co Chair David Farhat brought us up to date on the Special Caucus Luncheon and Meeting featuring Jon Huntsman, Jr the Governor of Utah as the keynote speaker. We were lucky to snare him on his tour across the country. We owe David our thanks for that, for acting quickly. We can help by getting others to attend and we can make this a success. This should be a good speech by a top flight fiscal conservative, not to mention a well catered lunch for $25 or $15 if you are a PD attending the meeting before hand.

The luncheon will be Saturday, May 2, 2009 starting at 12 noon. There will be a social time before from 11:30 – Noon. Location – Oak Ridge Golf Club, 513 W Pontaluna Rd. Norton Shores. Cost is $25 per.

Before all of this at 10:30 there will be a Precinct Delegate workshop and any Precinct Delegates that attend this will be charged only $15 for the luncheon with Governor Huntsman. The PD Workshop is free. Special Invites will be sent to individual PDs. Also I believe around 1,000 general invites will be sent out to those on our mailing list, All are welcome. Bob Scolnik has been instrumental in doing the real work of putting the invites together and hand mailing the PDs. We owe him thanks for that. If you don’t get one by next week. Feel free to call me at 231-728-3455 and I’ll get you hooked up with a RSVP.

In regards to the PD Workshop, I immediately tried to get Marlene Chockley who gave a power point presentation I attended in Brighton a month or so ago which I thought was well done. She however was all booked up. Then I got hold of Terri Reid from the state party. Terri is in charge of the state party “Adopt a Precinct Program”. I had talked with her earlier. I asked her with her connections for help in getting someone from State to give a Precinct Delegate “how to” presentation for our group. She said she would get back to me and mentioned Larry Ward as a possible. I just received from Marlene Chockley the power point and dialogue in an email. I forwarded it to Terri.

I will keep this edited with updates as they happen. I will add the updates to the side bar on the right. Scroll down to the Calendar and keep checking there under the date May 2nd.

I’m happy to see attention being paid to the PDs of our county. I had no clue what my job as a PD was and this type of thing will help answer that. If you feel like you'd like to learn more about what it means to be a PD come on down. This workshop will be instructive as to the duties of PDs and the impact we CAN have on elections. Hope to see you there.!!!

Other news.

Our spring highway cleanup is just about upon us. Saturday, 4/25/09. Stu Peterson as always heads up that effort and always finds it hard finding volunteers. I heard that he has done it by himself on occasion in the past. I did it last year, we had 6volunteers and as I remember it only took an hour or so. We clean up a mile of Apple ave. - out aways - at the corner of Shaw. Check side bar, scroll down to calendar check for updates on the location and times etc. under April 25th heading. I’ll be there, I’ll find out the rest and put it on the side bar calendar.

Other News

We will be having a pot luck celebration of our 102 years as a County Party. It will be called the Summer Grand Old Potluck. David Farhat said the tentative date was Aug.8th, a location hasn’t yet been picked. He and Susie among others are working on a location for the picnic. The plan as I understand it is to have an old fashioned picnic with the County Party providing the meat and soft drinks and everyone just bring a dish to pass. If interested in helping get hold of Susie Hughes or David or give me a call, at 231-728-3455. This will be what we make it. Again check the side bar, scroll down to calendar for updates under the Aug. 8th heading in which I’ll add updates as I find them.

Regards, Live Dangerously Be A Conservative

PS It's spring. Below a picture of Larry Hibner's garden in the Heights. Makes mine look tiny.

No comments: